Sunday, August 10, 2008

One wog to go.


Not every bowl & cup & plate in the house...but pretty close. Dearest is the only one still on his feet & he's not domesticated, poor lamb. I can't stand looking at the mess & fretting about all the things that need doing & aren't getting done so I stayed in bed.
Poor old Ditz, who is well enough for company but not well enough to be hassled about chores, prowled the house like a lost soul wondering if anyone else was ever going to surface. Meals are a nightmare. Dearest, being well, is frying up a storm & curdling all us girls' stomaches. Liddy is only able to keep soup down. I'm on a fruit kick of strawberries, raspberries & kiwi fruit ~ none of which are in season here & all Ditz wants is sugar; sugar cures all ills in her book.
The worst part of being ill is the mess that accumulates & can't be dealt with but I am feeling slightly better this evening so I may be able to tackle my house in the morning.
Meanwhile, Liddy's work has lots of staff down with this horrible thing so all the supervisors & managers are working while ill & Liddy came home chortling that they got *Lemsip* breaks. How funny is that?

9 comments:

MamaOlive said...

I'm so sorry. It's been a long time since we were all sick, and I like it that way. :-)
This, too, shall pass.

molytail said...

Do you suppose it'll skip over your hubby? Germs have a funny way of doing that in our house...they just don't like Blair as much as they like us!

Don't worry about the mess - it can always be dealt with later. Take care of yourselves! <3

Anonymous said...

Praying for you...

The HoJo's said...

mmm lemsip breaks, I'll have to remember that :o)
hope you all feel much better soon
xc

Diane Shiffer said...

ok.. that does it! i am calling the travel bureau tomorrow and booking a flight to your side of the world! i should be able to do your dishes, vacuum, dust, a bit of general tidying up, then make a couple of casseroles, a pie or two and be home in time for baths, dontcha think?

;)

Diane Shiffer said...

oh yeah... and i can bring me home some lemsip;)

Ganeida said...

MamaO, it's been a long time since we were all this sick too...& I hope it's a jolly long time before it happens again!!!
Yep, Moly, this one seems to have escaped the man...
Thanks Heidi...
Hey, hojo's, I gotta talk to you about mandurah & the margaret et all. One of my boys lived & worked on the west coast for a couple of seasons. I have a couple of stories for you that should give you a giggle. :D

Diane, now which plane am I meeting;) Um you may get home for baths but I can't guarrantee which day that will be. Actually, I think we might nearly have broken the back of this thing. I am hopeful. Still very tired but feeling brighter (insert twinkly smile here) & that's always a good sign. :)

Mrs. Darling said...

Goodness, this sounds awful! You poor thing. I'll pray that you get better.

The HoJo's said...

stories that make me giggle are always welcome
xc