Monday, June 16, 2008

Day Book.


Outside my Window...it is still pitch black & very cold, with that bitter pre~dawn cold. It is still an hour or so before daybreak but the cold tells me it will be a glorious winter morning & a balmy day again. I am thinking about what it means for me when I enter into the silence at Meeting & why I feel closer to God in silence that at a more regular service. I am thankful for......The blankets I have wrapped around me, that we are still picking veggies from the garden, that I seem to have found a church where the kids are happy to attend that teaches the word strongly. From the kitchen ...nothing, not at this time of the morning. Dinner seems a long time ago at the moment & as I have been sick all week & off my feed so to speak it is good to wake up feeling hungry & ready to tackle the day. I am creating...a history scrapbook with Ditz for SOTW & the next garden planting. I am going...to take a walk through the mangroves today. I love the way the roots hoop & tangle, the sploshy popping of air as the water gurgles through the trees & over the mud. I love the way the honey eaters shriek their alarm as I pass, the strong salty smell of the water & the ribbons of light. I should walk in the silence & the peace more often but it is so hard to get away on my own & if the girls come they want to talk. I am wearing...a kameeze, my black jumper & several blankets. Did I mention it is cold this morning? I am reading...a Quaker by conviction testimony; lots of history there. Interesting to see how the movement evolved & the peace testimony came about. I am hoping... that my washing machine will arrive when they said it would. Things are getting dire. There is only so much I can wash by hand in a small sink. I am hearing......the hum of the computer. Around the house I have piles of stuff to go to the thrift shop, used curriculum I wish I could sell, & Ditz's work as I sort through assessments for the records, check what still remains to be completed in English before ordering her new curriculum & see what we have to show for a term's work when her supervisor visits in a fortnight. One of my favorite things...is getting hugs from my children. They are all big now & not *touchy~feely* so the hugs are rarer, more heart~felt, more appreciated. A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Reorganize Ditz's work. Neither of us are tidy sorts & things pile up pretty quickly...then they get lost & it becomes a drama so I have to keep a grip on things. I am not good at getting a grip. I got side~tracked yesterday which had Ditz giggling like mad because she is always in trouble for it. Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

And here is where you go to join in...http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Ive never seen mandrakes. Your part fof the world sounds totally different then mine. I love these glimpses into other habitat! :)