Saturday, March 8, 2008

Days like that...


The cat is sleeping on the couch behind me & every so often he pushes his feet into my back to let me know he's still there & expects a pat without having to open his eyes. I should like to be a pampered cat.
Yes, the past few days have just been like that. Days when I can't wait on the new heaven & the new earth. Jesus can't get here fast enough for me! I seem to be getting more than my fair share of people behaving like morons, inanimate objects taking on a life of their own, a shortage of any sort of energy & a world that seems determined to go to Hell just as fast as it can get there. For 2 days the search & rescue helicopter has been going round & round looking for bodies, survivors, bits of wreckage from the plane that crashed into the ocean near here so we are all on edge any way. Day's like that I just want to crawl under my harrow & pull a rock over the whole thing. And this week, even if I wanted to, I have no car to get to church. I have no church. Liddy is not being helpful I told her she would leave all the research to me & just criticise whatever I came up with. She agreed that this was so with a big grin. Why is that funny? I think I have lost my sense of humour on top of everything else. Yikes! I think I'd better get a grip.

4 comments:

MamaOlive said...

I'm praying for you.

Ganeida said...

As meltdowns go this one's pretty mild. Thanks for the prayers. Prayer never goes astray.

molytail said...

I did a little googling and I think I found the plane crash to which you referred :-( .... That sucks, to put it mildly. I'm never very good at finding the right words for stuff like that....

I've had times where I just wanted to crawl under a rock as well and I'm sorry you're feeling that way. *hugs*

Ganeida said...

The search got called off ~ nothing found. I feel for the widow but the current runs at 6 knots so there was never much chance once it sank & that took all of 3 minutes.