Monday, March 3, 2008

Adenum.

Lovely visit. Ditz was complimented on her handwriting ~ which has come a long, long way from what it was but will probably never be copy book material. Our history, as always, got drooled over. Both of us enjoy the art work so her papers generally present well. Science, OK until Ditz was asked about her abbreviations ~ at which point she had no idea what it was she'd abreviated!!!! Duh! However her supervisor spent a lot of time looking at the Apologia text we use because the *science man* prefers it over other Christian texts on the market because it is *real science*. I like it because it makes Ditz think. She can't just parrot. Math ~ well not our strong subject but a lot of time spent giving Ditz *pictures* so her understanding will improve as well as her mechanics. We can do the mechanics but we don't always understand. Then there was the pile of music because her music is credited & the pile was bigger than all her academics put together. What can I say? Oh, & one of Ditz's stories got an edit. Very funny because Ditz is blunt & witty so leaps straight into the story & ends with a bang or a twist & everything is so tight it doesn't pay to fiddle over much. This I know & was amused to watch a trained teacher try to do the impossible in an effort to *improve* it. Now Ditz gets to have a go. :D Still she can do it on the computer so there is NO excuse for a lack of capitals & full stops. Breaths sigh of relief. It's always nice to know we're on track.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Sounds good. Glad it all turned out well. I figured it would. We dont slave in the trenches for nothing! :) Good job mom!

molytail said...

glad that your visit went well!

haha - I do the same with abbreviations...writing notes to myself, sometimes to others, I find little sets of letters and can't for the life of me remember what I meant LOL

ps: I voted in your poll, but I don't think they are 'weird' at all! ;-)