Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sisters.

I had brothers growing up. I missed having a sister. I never wanted Liddy to be alone in the way I was. I always wanted her to have that special relationship in her life. I'm not sure she would agree. She rather enjoyed being the Queen Bee, the Rose amongst the Thorns ~ & a Queen she was. I had three boys before I had Liddy & for nearly 6 years she was the only girl & the youngest to boot. Naturally everyone spolit her rotten!

One of the small joys in my life is my girls. They are nothing alike but still manage to get along together pretty well but God so often grants us the desire of our hearts when we aren't looking & least expect them. Now my girls are growing up our relationship has shifted. Perhaps it is partially due to the homeschooling which does indeed help foster closer bonds but I seem to have acquired the sisters I desired rather late in life. There's no one I'd rather be with, no converstation more fascinating than that with my girls. That they return the pleasure is an added bonus.

2 comments:

Destination...Gloryland! said...

I'm getting small glimpses of this with my 6 year old daughter and I LOVE IT!

Diane Shiffer said...

I really love my girlies:-) My oldest daughter is very unlike me, my middle daughter seems to be almost my emotional clone(poor thing!) and my youngest is, I think, an angel in disguise:-)
I am very very fortunate in that they confide in me, which is something I don't take for granted. I hope we can remain close through the years...sometimes though it is hard to keep that balance between authority and friend. The authority part is much more essential methinks, but the friend aspect is definitely more fun, lol.